What Quran and Hadith say about Soul Mates - NikahExplorer
Each soul has an attraction to some similar souls, so it is important to find somebody with whom we are linked on a spiritual level. If we can find a partner who is our spiritual couple, that's the perfect marriage.
What Hadith say about soul mates?
Prophet Mohammad (P.B.U.H) said,
“Souls are like recruited troops: Those who are like qualities are inclined to each other, but those who have dissimilar qualities, differ”. [Sahih al-Bukhari, Book 60, Hadith 11]
What Quran says about soul mates?
“And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquillity in them; and He placed between you affection and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought”. [30:21]
What do we look in a person for marriage (according to Quran)?
Here are the verses about what you are looking for in a partner, the first individual that God brings into your life who meets these standards is probably your soul mate to be.
• “And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your languages and your colors. Indeed in that are signs for those of knowledge”. [30:22].
• “And marry the unmarried among you and the righteous among your male slaves and female slaves. If they should be poor, Allah will enrich them from His bounty, and Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing”. [24:32]
• “The fornicator does not marry except a [female] fornicator or polytheist, and none marries her except a fornicator or a polytheist, and that has been made unlawful to the believers”. [24:3]
• “And do not marry polytheistic women until they believe. And a believing slave woman is better than a polytheist, even though she might please you. And do not marry polytheistic men [to your women] until they believe. And a believing slave is better than a polytheist, even though he might please you. Those invite [you] to the Fire, but Allah invites to Paradise and to forgiveness, by His permission. And He makes clear His verses to the people that perhaps they may remember”. [2:221]
• “Evil words are for evil men, and evil men are [subjected] to evil words. And good words are for good men, and good men are [an object] of good words. Those [good people] are declared innocent of what the slanderers say. For them is forgiveness and noble provision”. [24:26]
Reciprocity in the Soul-Agreements
Aman asked the Prophet Muhammad, “When will the Hour be established O Allah’s Messenger?” The Prophet Muhammad asked, “What have you prepared for it?” The man said, “I haven’t prepared for it much of prayers or fast or alms, but I love Allah and His Messenger.” The Prophet said, “You will be with those who you love.” [Sahih]
Allah has written a law for each and every soul on this planet, including whom we marry.
As Allah says in Quran:
“And there is no creature on earth but that upon Allah is its provision, and He knows its place of dwelling and place of storage. All is in a clear register”. [11:6]
In this sense, indeed, all of us who are supposed to marry in this world have a soul mate. This would not imply, though, one's soul mate assures worldly happiness, as is perpetuated by mainstream media, since even the most caring partner is a test of endurance. Everlasting pleasure lies in Heaven alone.
How to treat your spouse when you get him/her in your Nikah?
True peace and kindness will fall down onto you and your lawfully wedded husband/wife. Everything outside marriage is indeed a shadow of what Allah has promised.
In a happy marriage, there is no reason to feel embarrassed or ashamed of being with person you love. Instead, you should use all your resources to please your husband/wife, which is rewarding to Allah.
Abu Hurayra stated, “The Messenger of Allah (P.B.U.H) said, “The most perfect of believers in belief is the best of them in character. The best of you are those who are the best to their women.” [Tirmidhi]